- 57 g butter
- 1/2 c Sugar (Granulated)
- 1 c Flour (Plain) (125g)
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 c milk
- 2 c peaches (fresh, pitted & sliced; or one 400g can)
- 1/4 c Sugar (Granulated)
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 3/4 c water (or all the juice from the can)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x9 inch glass baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/4 cup sugar.
3. In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
4. Spread mixture evenly into baking dish .
5. If using canned peaches, drain thoroughly, reserving the juice. Spoon fruit over batter.
6. Sprinkle with cinnamon and 2 T sugar. Pour fruit juice or water over the top.
7. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. During baking the fruit and juice go to the bottom and the batter rises.