Italian Pasta Salad
- Italian Dressing
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/2 T dried mixed herbs
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 T grated parmesan
- Pasta Salad
- 225 g pasta (a short pasta)
- 200 g cooked chicken
- 60 g mozzarella
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 50 g sun dried tomatoes (optional)
- 50 g roasted red peppers (optional)
- 60 g olives (optional)
- 100 g banana pepper rings (optional)
1. Make the Italian dressing first so the flavors have a few minutes to blend. Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar. Place a lid on the jar and shake until combined. Set the dressing aside.
2. Cook the pasta. Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse briefly with cool water. Let the pasta cool and drain well, shaking the colander every few minutes to remove excess water from the pasta.
3. While the pasta is cooking and draining, prepare the other pasta salad ingredients. Chop the chicken and mozzarella into small cubes. Dice the bell pepper and red onion. Drain the sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, and banana pepper rings.
4. When the pasta is cooked, cooled, and drained well, transfer it to a large bowl. Add the rest of the prepared ingredients (chicken, mozzarella, bell pepper, red onion, sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, olives, and banana peppers). Toss the ingredients to combine.
5. Give the dressing another shake or stir before drizzling it over the pasta salad. Toss the pasta salad once again to coat everything in the dressing. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.