Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 57 g butter (unsalted) (softened)
- 6 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 219 g Flour - plain (1 & 3/4 cups)
- 1/2 t salt - table
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t ginger
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/4 t nutmeg
- 330 g Sugar (Light Brown)
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 3 c uncooked regular oats
- 3/4 c dried fruit
- 3/4 c chopped nuts (optional)
1. Set out butter and cream cheese to soften at room temperature.
2. Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Grease or line one or more baking sheets; set aside.
3. Combine flour and spices; set aside.
4. Beat butter, cream cheese, and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add egg substitute and vanilla; beat until blended. Gradually add in the flour mixture. Stir in oats, dried fruit, and nuts.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. Allow to cool slightly; remove cookies to wire rack.
SJ Note 23 Jan 2014: Finally got around to trying these; used raisins and included nuts this time. They're good! Don't need the nuts; might try with more spices next time.