Pancakes 1 - Buttermilk
- 1.33 c plain flour
- 3 T sugar
- 2.5 t baking powder
- 3/4 t salt
- 1.25 c buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 2 T unsalted butter (melted, plus more for cooking)
- blueberries (fresh, optional)
- chocolate chips (optional)
- maple syrup (for serving)
1. Preheat oven to 250°F. Place baking sheet in oven. Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl. Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and 2 tablespoons butter in medium bowl; stir into dry ingredients.
2. Heat large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium-low heat; brush with butter. Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook pancakes until brown, brushing griddle with more butter as needed, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to sheet in oven to keep warm. Serve pancakes with maple syrup.
Optional: After dropping batter onto the griddle, sprinkle the uncooked top of the pancakes with blueberries or chocolate chips. Or both!
From source: "The flavor was fantastic. I preferred mine plain but Art, my brother, and my nephew all gobbled up the ones with blueberries. Leftovers, if there are any, freeze well and can be reheated in a toaster oven or regular oven. I mixed up the dry ingredients the night before making these and that worked well!"
SJ Note 15 April 2010: These are good!