Chicken and Rice 1
- 2 c chopped chicken (cooked)
- 1 c green peas (we used frozen)
- 2 c chicken broth (boiling)
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 c chopped onion
- 11 oz cream of mushroom soup (condensed, homemade)
- 6 oz rice (orig. recipe calls for seasoned long grain and wild rice; I use plain white rice)
- mushrooms (to taste)
- 1 t salt (omit if using canned cream of mushroom soup)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- herbs (to taste)
- chopped green onions (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix all ingredients in a 2-qt casserole.
3. Cover and bake 45-50 minutes until rice is tender.
4. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
SJ Note 15 Sept 2009: Good potential, but needs more flavor, so I changed the water to broth, (also lessened it as there was a bit too much for the plain white rice), added the salt (because I used homemade cream of mushroom soup) , pepper, herbs, and green onions. We'll try it that way next time and see how it goes.