Chicken in Lemongrass Sauce
- 115 g green beans (or green Chinese long beans, trimmed and cut into 1.5" pieces)
- 1 T oil
- 225 g chicken breast (boneless skinless, cut into 1/2" wide strips)
- 1/3 c sliced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 T minced lemongrass
- 1 T Thai fish sauce
- 1 T Sugar (Granulated)
- 2/3 t ground coriander
- 1/3 t ground turmeric
- 1/4 c chicken broth
- 2 t oyster sauce
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook beans just until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat oil in heavy large skillet over high heat. Add chicken, onion and garlic; stir-fry until chicken is partially cooked, about 4 minutes. Add lemongrass and next 4 ingredients; stir 2 minutes. Add beans, stock and oyster sauce; reduce heat and simmer until sauce thickens and chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Serve with rice, if desired.
SJ Note 16 Sept 2010: This is quite tasty! Turned out very yellow with the turmeric. Definitely a keeper.