Chocolate Butterscotch Bars
- 280 g chocolate wafer crumbs (or vanilla wafer crumbs, 2.5 cups)
- 57 g butter
- 2 t chocolate extract
- 74 g flaked coconut (1 cup)
- 170 g Chocolate (Semisweet) (6 oz)
- 170 g butterscotch chips (1 cup)
- 397 g sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 55 g pecans (1/2 cup)
Lightly grease a 9"x13" pan.
In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and chocolate extract. Press into bottom of pan. Sprinkle with coconut, grated chocolate, and butterscotch chips. Pour the condensed milk over the top.
Bake at 350F on center rack for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the pecans over the top and continue baking for 5-10 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into 24 bars.