- 1.5 c Sugar (Granulated)
- 1 c water
- 7 c water
- 1.5 c lemon juice
1. Combine granulated sugar and 1 cup of water, boil until dissolved, to form a simple syrup. Refrigerate till cool.
2. Squeeze lemons, discard seeds but keep the pulp.
3. Combine lemon juice with 7 cups remaining chilled water.
4. Slowly stir in sugar syrup, reserving the last 1/4 cup and adding to taste.
5. Garnish with lemon rinds and enjoy.
Lemon-Limeade: Replace some of the lemon juice with lime juice, to taste.
Lavender Lemonade: Boil 2 cups water in a small saucepan. Once it comes to a boil add 1T dry or 2T fresh lavender flowers and remove from heat. Let steep for 10 minutes. Strain the flowers from the liquid. Add the lavender liquid with the water in step 3; only add another 5 cups of water.