- 1 t oil
- 1 T finely chopped celery
- 2 oz thinly sliced pork tasso
- 2 oz tomato paste
- 1 c water (or stock)
- 1/4 lb smoked sausage (cut into 1/2" pieces)
- 1/4 lb shrimp (30-35 count, peeled & deveined)
- 1/4 c finely chopped onion
- 2 T finely chopped onion
- 1.5 c cooked rice
- 1 T finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 T finely chopped green onion
In a 2-quart pot, heat oil over high heat until very hot. Add tasso and andouille; cook and stir 5 minutes.
Add onions, bell pepper, and celery. Cook and stir continually for 10 minutes.
Add tomato paste and 3/4 cups of the water; cook and stir often about 15 minutes or until all meat is tender.
Add remaining 1/4 cup water and shrimp; reduce heat to medium. Cook 5 minutes stirring often to prevent from sticking.
Add green onions and cooked rice; stir well to mix. Let sit for 5 minutes for flavor to marry.
SJ Note 5 Feb 2010: This was good! Definitely a keeper.