Garlic Cheddar Biscuits (Red Lobster style)
- 125 g Flour (Plain)
- 1/2 T baking powder
- 1 t Sugar (Granulated)
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/2 c milk (at most; you will likely need less.)
- 57 g butter (melted)
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese (medium (UK) or extra-sharp (US))
- For the garlic butter:
- 1/2 t garlic salt (to taste)
- 1/2 t garlic powder (or about 3 cloves minced garlic)
- 28 g butter (melted)
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Stir in 1/4 c (57g) butter, then stir in milk bit by bit until just moistened - you likely won't use all the milk.
Add cheddar cheese and combine.
Drop batter by tablespoon on lightly greased cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, add garlic salt and garlic powder or garlic to remaining melted butter.
5. Remove biscuits, drizzle with garlic butter and return to oven for another 6-7 minutes, or until edges are golden.
After removing from oven but while still warm, drizzle with garlic butter again.
6. Serve and enjoy!