- 14 oz canned solid white tuna (squeeze out excess moisture with hands)
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, finely diced
- 2.5 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c mayonnaise
- 3 T sweet pickle relish (optional or to taste)
- 1/2 t lemon pepper (can use fresh ground black pepper)
- seasoning salt (to taste or use white salt)
- 1/4 t mustard powder
- 3 drops Tabasco sauce (optional)
Drain the tuna, then hand-squeeze out any excess moisture; place in a bowl and then flake with a fork. Add in all remaining ingredients; mix until well combined, adjusting all seasonings to suit taste.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours (more is even better). Serve and enjoy.
Using lemon zest plus freshly ground black pepper in lieu of lemon pepper worked out well. Next time, try adding boiled egg and chopped apple, and using Emeril's Essence in place of seasoning salt.