Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes
- 1 lb Jerusalem artichokes (also called sunchokes)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 savory sprigs
- 1/2 c olive oil
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 T balsamic vinegar
1) Preheat oven to 375F / Gas 5.
2) Scrub sunchokes well. Dirt can get into crevices, so using a stiff brush helps.
3) Roughly chop the sunchokes into bites sized pieces. Rewash any pieces with dirt still on them.
4) Mince garlic and herbs together.
5) Toss sunchokes, garlic and herbs in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet ensuring even distribution.
6) Roast for 20 to 30 minutes until sunchokes are tender and beginning to brown. Keep an eye on it so the garlic does not burn.
7) Remove from oven and toss in balsamic vinegar and serve immediately. Add more fresh herbs as a garnish if desired.
SJ Note: Try making half of this the first time; I don't have a clue how many servings this might yield.