Maple Apples & Sweet Potatoes
- 650 g sweet potatoes (about 5)
- 690 g tart apples (such as Granny Smith, about 5)
- 316 g maple syrup (1 cup)
- 57 g butter (unsalted) (1/4 cup)
- Salt (Table) (to taste)
- 110 g buttered bread crumbs (1 cup)
Preheat the oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6. Butter a baking dish; set aside.
Boil the sweet potatoes in their skins in salted water. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice them.
Pare and slice the apples and place in a saucepan with the maple syrup. Add butter and a pinch of salt; cook until apples are tender.
Place half the sweet potatoes in the baking dish; pour half the apple mixutre over the potatoes. Repeat the layers. Top generously with crumbs.
Bake until heated through and topping is brown, 20 - 30 minutes.
Note from review: These might be a bit sweet, consider cutting back maple syrup amount.