Potato Soup 1
- 60 g finely chopped onion (1/2 cup)
- 65 g diced carrot (1/2 cup)
- 65 g diced bell pepper (1/2 cup)
- 2 t canola oil
- 270 g diced potatoes (peeled, 1.5 cups)
- 15 g Flour (Plain) (1.5T)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 600 mL water (2.5 cups)
- 1/4 t table salt (to taste)
- 1/2 t freshly ground white pepper
- 1 T finely chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1.5 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 t lemon zest
1. Saute the onion, carrot, and bell pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes on medium heat in a medium sized pot.
2. Add the potatoes and continue to saute for about 4-5 more minutes.
3. Add the flour and stir one more minute. Add the chicken cube, water, salt, and pepper. Cook about 20 minutes until the carrot is tender, on medium-low heat.
4. Add the parsley, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Discard the bay leaf. Immediately pour into individual bowls and serve.
SJ Note: We've had this a couple of times, it's really tasty. Definite keeper! We don't have cubanelle peppers here; I'm not sure what I've used in the past, but Cook's Thesaurus says you can use bell peppers.