- For the patties:
- 1/2 lb fresh salmon (raw, skinless)
- 2.5 T panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1 T barbecue sauce
- 1/2 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 t Salt (Table)
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/4 t smoked paprika
- To serve:
- 3 buns
- barbecue sauce (as needed)
- thinly sliced red onion
1. Add salmon to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until it’s somewhat ground. Remove and add salmon to a bowl with remaining ingredients and mix with a spoon until just combined. Add additional seasoned, regular bread crumbs to reach desired consistency. Form into 3 equal-sized burgers.
2. Heat a skillet (or grill) over medium-high heat and cook burgers on each side until golden.
3. Serve with additional BBQ sauce, lettuce and red onion for topping.