Rice with Everything
- 4 T olive oil
- 300 g chicken breasts (boneless skinless, chopped)
- 70 g sliced chorizo sausage
- 110 g pork (boneless, diced)
- 70 g sliced serrano ham (chopped)
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 chicken livers (cleaned and quartered)
- 400 g rice (paella or risotto, rinsed)
- 1 t paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 T passata sauce (or marinara sauce)
- Salt (Sea)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1.4 L chicken stock
- 110 g peas (frozen)
- 2 sliced pimentos (red peppers in a jar)
- 1 egg (hard boiled and sliced)
- 2 T chopped parsley (fresh)
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the chicken and chorizo until browned. Add the pork and Serrano ham; cook until browned. Add the garlic (and livers, if using).
2. Add the rice, paprika, cayenne pepper, and passata (marinara sauce). Season and stir well.
3. Add half the stock. When the liquid has been absorbed, add the remaining stock and frozen peas. Cover with a lid and cook on the hob for 20-25 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is done.
4. Decorate the top with the pimento, hard-boiled egg, and parsley. Cover the pan and stand for 5 minutes in a warm place by the cooker so that the rice grains separate.
SJ Note 1 June 2012: This needs more flavor. Add onion, and a lot more garlic. Add some herbs. Think about other ways to infuse flavor. We've frozen the leftovers; will update after seeing how they do with freezing and reheating.