Teriyaki Beef & Orange Skewers
- 4 skewers
- 225 g beef steak (lean)
- 1 orange
- 4 green onions
- 1 cloves finely chopped garlic
- fresh ginger (1/2" piece, peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 T soy sauce (dark)
- 1/2 T sherry (dry)
- 1/2 T honey
- 1/2 t sesame oil
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them in warm water until required.
2. Trim any visible fat from the beef and cut the meat into small chunks. Place in a shallow dish.
3. Slice off the tops and bottoms from the oranges, then remove the skin and pith. Slice along the side of the membranes dividing the orange segments, then place the segments and any accumulated juice in the bowl with the beef.
4. Trim the green onions and cut into 2" (5cm) sticks. Mix into the beef along with the remaining ingredients.
5. Thread the beef onto each skewer interspersed with the orange and green onion pieces. Reserve the juices.
6. Preheat the grill to a medium setting. Arrange the skewers on the grill rack and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, brushing with reserved juices to prevent drying out.
7. Strain the remaining juices into a small saucepan; bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes until slightly syrupy (at least 3 minutes for food safety). Serve the kebabs drizzled with a little syrup, rice, and some finely shredded vegetables with bean sprouts.