Baja Black Beans, Corn, and Rice
- 1 c dried rice (long grain white)
- 1.75 c water (or stock if desired, to cook rice)
- 100 g corn
- 1 c cooked black beans
- 2 diced tomatoes (fresh)
- 1/4 c chopped red onion
- 1/4 c chopped cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper (seeded and diced)
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/4 t Salt (Sea)
- 1/8 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 t hot sauce
1. Cook rice with water (or stock).
2. Warm corn slowly on the stove.
3. While those cook, combine all other ingredients in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Let sit so the flavors marry.
4. When rice is ready, microwave the bean mix on medium-high (80%) for 1 minute. Mix in rice. Serve. Add corn to one plate.
*** Refrigerate any leftovers promptly. ***
SJ Note 5 Aug 2013: This was a bit strange, but pretty good. Keep it for warm summer days especially. I've written these directions for our house - Chris can't have corn. Feel free to add corn to the whole lot if you want! This is a salad, basically, so the vegetables are pretty forgiving for swapping in and out; I'd keep the black beans, lime juice, oil, and seasonings, though. The original calls for brown rice, but we don't like brown rice, so we had it with white rice and it worked fine.