- 6 sausages
- 2 T oil
- 6 cloves sliced garlic
- Salt (Sea) (generous)
- freshly ground black pepper (generous)
- 2 red onion (small ones, cut into wedges)
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c basil leaves (torn and left a bit large)
1. Preheat the oven to 350F/175C/Gas 4.
2. Place sausages in a large roasting tray and pour oil on top. Add the garlic and season with a generous amount of salt and pepper. Add the red onion. Roll the sausages around to get the oil all over the bottom of the baking tray and on top of the sausages.
3. Place the sausages in oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes, until the sausages start to brown.
4. Once the sausages start to brown, add tomatoes to the pan. Pour in balsamic vinegar and shuffle the tray so it distributes evenly.
5. Put the roasting tray back in the oven for another 15 minutes, until the cherry tomatoes fall apart and the sausages are properly cooked.
6. After the sausages are done, stir in the basil. Serve with bread.
SJ Note: I love this dish. We've had it loads of times. It's an idea, more than a recipe, so adapt it to suit your needs as desired.