Chili Roasted Potatoes
- 1.5 lb potatoes
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 t chili seasoning (see note)
1. Preheat the oven to 400F/200C. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper; set aside.
2. Wash the potatoes and let the excess water drain away. Cut them into 1" to 2" cubes.
3. Place the cubed potatoes in a large bowl and add the olive oil plus the seasoning. Toss the potatoes until they are well-coated in oil and seasoning.
4. Spread the potatoes out on the baking sheet in a single layer. Use two baking sheets if needed.
5. Roast the potatoes in the preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and blistered on the cut surfaces. (Cooking time will depend on the size of your cubes.)
SJ Note: The source uses one-half batch of this chili seasoning recipe. If you make it as I've written that up, that means about 2 tsp of it; if you make it as the source has written it up, starting with the chili seasoning blend as the base, that means about 4 tsp of it.
Note from source: You can serve these potatoes as a side dish for dinner, or cut them a little smaller and eat them like hash browns or cottage fries at breakfast with some eggs. They’re amazing on their own, but I also found that any topping that is good on chili is also great on these potatoes. So, you can build a big ol’ pile of delicious potatato “nachos” by topping them with sour cream, shredded cheese, and maybe some green onions… Oohh, but now I’m just getting indulgent.