Watercress and New Potato Salad
- 350 g potatoes (baby new)
- 2 T oil (a neutral oil, such as canola/rapeseed)
- 10 T Vinegar (Cider)
- 1/3 c chopped red onion
- 1 cloves chopped garlic
- fresh parsley (chopped; to taste)
- Salt (Sea) (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 40 g watercress (washed)
1. Wash the potatoes. Place in a saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook fro 12-15 minutes, until just tender.
2. While the potatoes cook, whisk together the oil and vinegar. Add the onion, garlic, and parsley. Set aside.
3. Prepare the watercress: wash and remove stems. Set aside.
4. When the potatoes are done, drain them. Break open each potato with a fork, and then toss all of them with the oil and vinegar mixture. Allow to cool.
5. To serve, add the watercress and toss gently.
Notes from Source: Served as a side salad, this goes particularly well with fish. To turn it into a main dish, try mixing with flaked smoked mackerel, or with strips of smoked ham and cubes of cheddar cheese.