Lemon Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 chicken breasts
- 5 T olive oil (plus more later)
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- 4 t minced garlic
- 1 t Salt (Table)
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
- The Rest:
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/4 thinly sliced lemon
- 680 g red potatoes (quartered)
- 100 g carrots (cut into 2" pieces)
- 100 g broccoli (trimmed)
1. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Combine all sauce ingredients to make the sauce. Divide into two halves. Place the chicken breasts in half of the sauce to marinate in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
3. Coat a baking dish (8" square should do) with 1/2 T olive oil. Arrange lemon slices on the bottom.
4. Prepare your vegetables.
5. Toss the potatoes and carrots with the remainder of the sauce. Place in the baking dish (using a slotted spoon, to leave the sauce behind). Roast the potatoes and carrots for about 15 minutes.
6. Then toss the broccoli with the sauce; add broccoli and sauce to dish; roast for a further 10 minutes.
7. Then add the chicken on top of the vegetables. Continue roasting til done, about 30 minutes.
SJ Note: I've modified this heavily from the source, after reading several reviews complaining that it was too bland and too lemony. I've halved the lemon in this copy from the original; I can always up the lemon later, but I'd rather not have an inedible dish to start with! The vegetables don't need to be so specific - use whatever you like, whatever quantity looks good to you, and simply adjust the cooking times accordingly.