King Ranch Chicken
- 57 g butter
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10.75 oz can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz can rotel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 2 c cubed cooked chicken
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
In a large saucepan, cook pepper and onion in melted butter until tender, about 5 minutes. Add soups, RO*TEL, and chicken, stirring until well blended. In a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan, alternately layer tortillas, soup mixture and cheese, repeating for three layers. Bake 40 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serves 8.
To freeze: let cool in fridge, wrap in foil. Reheat at 325 till hot again.