Soy Dijon Chicken with Vegetables
- 3 T mustard
- 3 T soy sauce
- 1.5 T oil
- 1/2 T brown sugar
- 1 T minced garlic
- 1/2 T freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g chicken breast (boneless skinless, in about 1" cubes)
- 1 lb potato
- 1/2 lb vegetables (for roasting, as desired; 1/2 pound to 1 pound)
- seasoning (as desired: salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, etc)
1. Stir together the mustard, soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, garlic, and pepper. Place the chicken in a sandwich size ziplock bag, and then pour the marinade in with it. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes (this can be prepared in the morning and refrigerated all day).
2. Preheat the oven to 425F.
3. Wash and cube the potatoes and other roasting vegetables (carrots, etc, as desired) into 0.75" pieces.
4. Place the vegetables in the bottom of a casserole dish. Toss with seasonings, as desired. Lay the chicken over the potatoes and pour all of the marinade over top.
5. Roast until meat and vegetables are done, about 45-60 minutes.
SJ Note 30 Sep 2014: A good start! Needed more seasoning of the potato, and we figured that adding more vegetables would make it a nice one-dish meal, so I've written that in here and left it flexible. Will have again. Liked the flavor of the chicken. Think it was marinated about 3-4 hours this time.
SJ Note 7 Sep 2019: Needed way more sauce/marinade for the veggies; have updated it above. Tasty!
- This version (Sat, 07 Sep 2019 09:10)
- Soy Dijon Chicken with Vegetables (Sun, 05 Oct 2014 22:01)