- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 170 g butter (unsalted) (softened)
- 240 g Sugar (Icing) (2 cups; sift before measuring (confectioner's sugar))
- 1/4 c whipping cream
- 1/3 c lemon curd
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese for 2 minutes, until fluffy. At low speed, beat in icing sugar, cream, and lemon curd until smooth.
2. Cover; chill 20 minutes, until it's a spreadable consistency.
3. Level the tops of the layers if necessary using a serrated knife. Place 1 layer on the serving plate; spread lemon curd on top. Refrigerate for 15 minutes to set the curd.
4. Top with the remaining layer. Frost the cake; refrigerate.
5. Bring the cake to room temperature for serving. Garnish with fresh berries, if desired.
SJ Note: I think I have tried this, actually, but I can't remember it. It was originally part of this lemon cake recipe: http://myst.starforge.co.uk/index.cgi?block=recipemanage&op=view&id=788 but I've separated them to make it easier to understand them, mostly. Word of warning to myself: it looks like this will probably make waaaay more frosting than what's needed for one 9" cake, so I'll probably want to scale this down when I do try it.