- 1 c finely chopped onion (1-2 cups)
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1/2 shredded white cabbage
- 1 vegetable stock cube (dissolved in a little water)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- curry powder (optional, to taste)
- noodles (for 2 people)
- oil (or butter for frying)
- 6 slices bacon (or bacon bits)
1. Gently fry onion and garlic till done.
2. Add cabbage, stock, and seasoning.
3. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender, or browned depending how you like it.
4. In the meantime, cook noodles and bacon (if using).
5. Mix noodes through cabbage and bring to serving temperature.
6. Chop bacon, mix through, and serve
Notes from source: Haluski is a Polish dish originally, and usually made with just salt and pepper, and maybe a little parsley, for seasoning, but I started making mine with added bacon and a bit of curry powder and I think I like it even better that way!