Chicken and Broccoli Pasta with Parmesan
- 170 g bacon
- 225 g chopped chicken breasts
- 1 c chopped onion
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1 t salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 225 g pasta
- 113 g fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 c grated parmesan cheese (fresh)
1. Cut the bacon across the strips into 1" sections. Sauté the bacon in a large skillet until it is brown and crispy.
2. Add the chicken and diced onions and sauté until the onions are soft and transparent and the chicken is done.
3. Add chicken broth, salt, and pepper to the skillet and dissolve off any remaining browned bits from the bottom of the skillet.
4. Finally, add the pasta to the skillet, place a lid on top, and let the skillet come to a boil over high heat.
Once it reaches a boil, turn the heat down to low and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Give the skillet a quick stir every 5 minutes or so to loosen the pasta from the bottom, replacing the lid quickly each time.
10 minutes in, add the broccoli florets, stir, and replace the lid.
After 15 minutes the pasta should be tender and most of the broth absorbed. There should be a little bit of thick, saucy broth remaining in the bottom of the skillet.
5. Turn off the heat, sprinkle the Parmesan over top, stir to combine, and then serve.
SJ Note 7 June 2016: Tasty! A keeper.
- This version (Sun, 04 Oct 2020 20:11)
- Bacon and Broccoli Pasta with Parmesan (Wed, 08 Jun 2016 16:29)