One Pot Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Pasta
- 2 t minced garlic
- 14 g butter
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1.5 c whole milk
- 280 g chopped sun dried tomatoes (1 jar)
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t freshly ground black pepper
- 225 g pasta (fettucine)
- cooked meat (optional, to taste)
- 1/4 c grated parmesan
1. Sauté the garlic with butter in a deep skillet over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, or just until it's soft and fragrant (don't let it brown).
2. Add the chicken broth, milk, sun dried tomato pieces, bell pepper, salt, pepper, and pasta (I like to break it in half first) to the skillet.
Make sure the pasta is submerged below the liquid.
3. Place a lid on the pasta, turn the heat up to medium-high and allow the liquid in the skillet to come to a boil.
Once it reaches a boil, give it a quick stir to make sure the pasta is not stuck to the bottom. If adding meat, add it now, to allow time to heat it through.
Return the lid to the top, turn the heat down to medium-low, and let it simmer for about 10-12 minutes, or until the pasta is tender. Briefly stir every 4-5 minutes as it simmers to keep the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the skillet.
4. If the pasta is still very soupy at that point, remove the lid and let it simmer for 3-5 minutes more, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened slightly.
Once thickened, sprinkle the Parmesan over top and serve.
The sauce will continue to thicken after the pasta is removed from the heat.