Make Ahead Wraps
- Rice (or use Mexican Rice):
- 170 g brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 t Emerils Essence (or Cajun seasoning, or southwest seasoning)
- 475 mL water
- The rest:
- 430 g cooked beans (varieties as desired)
- 70 g corn (frozen)
- 40 g chopped onion
- 1 t cumin
- 1/2 T freshly ground black pepper
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t American chili powder
- 1 t guajillo chilis
- 1 t ancho chilis
- 1 t ancho chile powder
- 10 g chipotle paste
- 80 g chipotles in adobo
- 30 g jalapeno slices (jarred)
- 430 g salsa
- 50 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 50 g shredded mozzarella cheese
- To serve:
- 14 flour tortillas
Cook rice (if not using Mexican rice):
1. Combine rice, Emeril's, and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover; simmer for 45 minutes, until tender.
3. Remove from heat; cool.
Mix the filling ingredients:
4. In a large bowl, combine the cooled rice with the rest of the filling ingredients.
5. Weigh the filling to find out how much to portion for each wrap. You want around 140g of filling per wrap. Make a note of this number.
6. Microwave filling for 2 wraps on 50% for 5 minutes, then 100% for 90 seconds.
7. Refrigerate or freeze remaining filling. Make that into wraps just before eating.
8. Make 2 wraps.
9. Place under grill for 6-7 minutes to crisp up the tortilla.
10. Serve and enjoy.
To finish by making ahead completely:
1. Make the wraps. Freeze them in a single layer in a ziplock bag in the freezer.
2. Thaw wraps overnight in the fridge.
3. Microwave 2 wraps on 50% for 5 minutes, then 100% for 90 seconds.
4. Place under grill for 6-7 minutes to crisp the outside.
5. Serve and enjoy.