Granola Bars 2
- 220 g brown sugar
- 55 g sugar
- 114 g butter (softened)
- 42 g honey (2T)
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 egg (large)
- 1 c plain flour
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 36 g rice krispies (1.25 cups)
- 1 c chopped nuts
- 1 c chocolate chips
- 1.5 c rolled oats
- raisins (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease or spray a 9"x13" pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, sugar, and butter until light and fluffy.
3. Blend in honey, vanilla, and egg.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
5. Add flour mixture gradually to sugar mixture and beat until combined.
6. By hand, stir in rice crispies, nuts, chocolate chips, and oats until well mixed.
7. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a greased pan. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, until light golden brown.
8. Cool and cut into squares.
Note from source: I "borrowed" this recipe from the kitchen at my college because I fell in love with these bars. They are so much better than store-bought, and you can add or subtract ingredients as you wish. They make a perfect on-the-go snack.