Chorizo Breakfast Hash
- 1 lb baby red potatoes (washed)
- 2 T oil
- 1/2 lb chorizo sausage (crumbled)
- 1 diced bell pepper
- 1 c diced onion
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 t chili powder
- 3 sliced green onions
- 4 eggs (fried, optional)
- 4 T salsa
While the potatoes are boiling, begin cooking in the skillet:
2. Heat a large skillet over medium, then add a tablespoon of oil. Swirl the oil to coat the surface, then add the chorizo. Cook the chorizo, breaking it up into smaller pieces as it cooks, until it's brown, crispy, and cooked through (about 5-7 minutes). Use a slotted spoon to remove to a clean bowl.
While the bell pepper and onion are cooking:
4. Dice the boiled potatoes into 1/4" cubes.
5. After removing the bell pepper and onion from the skillet, add an additional tablespoon of oil and swirl to coat the surface of the skillet.
6. Add the diced potatoes along with another pinch of salt and pepper, and chili powder.
7. Cook the potatoes in the hot oil, stirring only occasionally, until the potatoes are brown and crispy (about 10 minutes). Avoid stirring too often as this will prevent the potatoes from forming a brown crispy exterior.