Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake
- 313 g flour (2.5 cups, divided: 280g+33g (2.25c+0.25c))
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 227 g butter (1 cup)
- 440 g sugar (2 cups)
- 3 eggs
- 3 T lemon juice (divided: 1T + 2T)
- 8 oz plain greek yogurt
- 12 oz fresh strawberries (diced)
- 120 g powdered sugar (1 cup)
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Grease and flour a 10" Bundt pan.
2. Sift together the 280g (2 ¼ cups) of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 Tb. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated.
4. Toss the strawberries with the remaining 33g (¼ cup) of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
5. Pour the batter into the Bundt pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool 10 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
7. Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake.