Slow cooked chicken taco meat
- 2 T taco seasoning
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 lb chopped chicken breast (boneless skinless)
1. Dissolve taco seasoning into chicken broth.
2. Place chicken breasts in crock pot and pour chicken broth over.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
4. With two forks, shred the chicken meat into bite-size pieces.
5. To freeze, place shredded meat into freezer bags with the juices. Press out all the air and seal.
SJ Note Aug 2017: Tasty! Easy. Keeper. We had the first half on tacos - it did 6 tacos. We had the second half in burritos. The second half was overly spiced and salty to me, so I've dropped the taco seasoning in this from 3T to 2T. Will adjust salt in next batch of taco seasoning, too. Using the cut up chicken breast got the flavor into more of the meat, and made it really easy to shred the meat at the end.