Three Pepper Pasta
- 125 g pasta (spaghetti, broken in half)
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 t minced garlic
- 2 thinly sliced bell pepper (different colors)
- 1/2 c sliced banana pepper (this is a mild pepper)
- 285 g pasta sauce
- 1/2 t dried basil
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/8 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 113 g chopped meat (cooked - 113g raw weight)
In a large pot:
1. Begin to boil a large pot of water for the pasta. Add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook until al dente, then drain in a colander.
In a large skillet:
2. Heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic to the oil. Sauté for about 30 seconds or just until the garlic is soft and fragrant, but not brown.
3. Add the sliced peppers and continue to sauté for 5-7 minutes more, or until the peppers have just begun to soften.
4. Add the pasta sauce, basil, oregano, and red pepper flakes to the skillet with the peppers. Stir to combine.
5. Add the cooked meat; stir. Allow the sauce to heat through.
In the large pot again:
6. Return the drained pasta to the large pot.
7. Add the pasta sauce and peppers. Stir until everything is evenly combined and coated in sauce. Serve warm.
SJ Note: The salami didn't work at all in this. Have replaced with meat. Try chicken, maybe? Have also scaled down to two servings. Pasta sauce amount may be off.