Rice Krispies Treats
- 42 g butter (plus more for pan)
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 6 c Rice Krispies cereal
1. Coat a 9"x13" pan with butter or cooking spray. Butter a spatula. Set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered spatula or baking paper, evenly press mixture into prepared pan. Cool. Cut into squares (approx 2").
Notes from source:
- Best if served the same day.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie, or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
- To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.