Red pepper relish fish and green beans
- 1/2 c roasted red peppers (jarred, patted dry and chopped fine)
- 1/2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 T chopped basil (fresh)
- 1/2 t sherry vinegar
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t freshly ground pepper
- Green beans
- 1/2 lb green beans (trimmed)
- 2 T water
- 1/2 T canola oil
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t freshly ground black pepper
- 2 t canola oil
- 2 white fish fillets
- lemon wedges
1. Combine red peppers, 1/2 Tbsp oil, basil, vinegar, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in bowl; set aside.
Cook green beans:
2. Combine green beans, 2 Tbsp water, 1/2 Tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper in 12" nonstick skillet.
3. Cover and cook over medium-high heat, shaking pan occasionally, until water has evaporated, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Uncover and continue to cook until green beans are blistered and browned, about 2 minutes longer.
5. Transfer to serving platter and keep warm.
6. Heat 2 tsp oil in now-empty skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add fish and cook until both sides are lightly browned and fish registers 140F, about 6 minutes per side.
7. Serve fish with green beans, relish, and lemon wedges.
Notes from source: Too many recipes cover up cod's delicate flavor with potent ingredients. We used a simple homemade relish to highlight the fish's flavor. Draining and drying the peppers keeps the relish from becoming watery. Halibut or haddock can be substituted for the cod, if desired. (Original called for 2T whole almonds, toasted and chopped fine, in the relish.)Toast the almonds in a skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until browned and fragrant.
- This version (Mon, 27 Apr 2020 20:23)
- Pan seared white fish with blistered green beans and red pepper relish (Thu, 18 Oct 2018 00:40)
- Pan seared white fish with blistered green beans and red pepper relish (Wed, 17 Oct 2018 23:16)
- Pan seared white fish with blistered green beans and red pepper relish (Wed, 05 Sep 2018 11:56)