Italian Wedding Soup
- 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1/2 egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 T breadcrumbs
- 1/2 T grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 t dried basil
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1/4 c orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 1/4 c finely chopped carrots
- grated parmesan cheese (to serve)
1. Combine the meatball ingredients. Shape into 3/4" balls.
2. Heat broth to boiling. Stir in orzo, carrots, and meatballs.
3. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
5. Serve with additional parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top.