Italian Wedding Soup
- 300 g ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 egg (slightly beaten)
- 2.5 T breadcrumbs
- 1.5 T grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 t dried basil
- 3/4 t onion powder
- 3 c chicken broth
- 1/4 c orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 1/4 c finely chopped carrots
- grated parmesan cheese (to serve)
1. Combine the meatball ingredients. Shape into 3/4" balls.
2. Divide meatballs into 3 even lots. Freeze 2 lots for future use.
2. Heat broth to boiling. Stir in orzo, carrots, and remaining lot of meatballs.
3. Return to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
4. Cook at a slow boil for 10 minutes or until orzo is tender. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
5. Serve with additional parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top.
To freeze: keep meatballs separate from broth, if freezing both.