Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- oil (as needed)
- 4 corn tortillas
- Meat Mix (for 4 pizzas):
- 300 g ground beef
- 2 T Flour (Plain)
- 1/4 t chili powder, to taste
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t onion powder
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 2 T water
- 200 g refried beans
- 150 g salsa (pureed)
- 60 g diced tomato
- 40 g shredded cheese
- 30 g chopped green onions
- 60 g chopped bell pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400F/200C/Gas 6.
2. Spray or brush some oil onto both sides of your 4 tortillas. Place them on baking sheets in the oven. Check every 3 minutes. Bake until crisped. Ensure both sides and all tortillas are crisped.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, flour, chili powder, salt, onion powder, paprika, and garlic powder. Use your hands to thoroughly incorporate everything into the ground beef.
4. Preheat a skillet over medium heat. Add the meat mixture to the pan along with the water. Brown the beef mixture until done, using a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks.
5. When done, split in half: freeze half for another time, and use half tonight.
6. Heat refried beans in a small pan over the stove or in the microwave.
7. When tortillas are crisped and meat mix is cooked, stack the pizzas on a baking sheet thusly, using half of each ingredient on each pizza:
Bottom tortilla, refried beans, meat mix, top tortilla, salsa, tomatoes, cheese, bell peppers, green onions (reserve some green onions for garnish).
8. Place the pizzas in the oven for 8-12 minutes, or until the cheese on top is melted.
SJ Note 21 Jan 2011: This is a really forgiving recipe; make it with whatever you have on hand that sounds good to you, and don't worry too much about the measurements.
SJ Note 16 June 2012: Note that this doesn't fridge and reheat very well.