- Teriyaki Marinade:
- 1 T sake
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- 1/4 c mirin
- 2 T sugar
- Optional, to make teriyaki chicken:
- 300 g chicken (boneless and skinless)
- 1 T vegetable oil
For the teriyaki marinade:
1. In a bowl, put in sake, soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. Mix well.
To make teriyaki chicken:
2. Cut the chicken into the size you want to serve it in (the smaller, the better the flavor will penetrate). Marinate chicken in sauce for 8 to 24 hours.
3. Remove chicken from marinade; save the marinade for step 5.
4. Heat the oil in a pan, brown chicken, and leave until cooked.
5. Pour in the teriyaki sauce that was used to marinate chicken in the pan and continue to cook until the chicken has glazed and covered the chicken.
6. Remove the pan from heat, serve on a plate and drizzle any remaining sauce from the frying pan.
SJ Note: This is yummy! Definitely a keeper. We've had it many times. I like to freeze chicken in this marinade; then when I want to have it, I thaw it in the fridge overnight, which lets the marinade do its work while it thaws. I usually dice the chicken into about 1" cubes for the most flavor. I'm sure you could use this on other meats as well; I haven't tried yet.