- 300 g cooked beets (or canned)
- 60 g carrot
- 1 c finely chopped cabbage (napa)
- 1/4 c chopped green onions
- 1/2 c beet juice (juice from one can)
- 1.75 c chicken broth
- 1/2 t rosemary
- 1/2 t cumin
- 7 g butter (1/2 T)
- 2 T lemon juice
- salt (to taste)
- 1/4 t pepper (to taste)
- 2 T chopped cilantro (for garnish)
Using a food processor, shred beets, carrots, cabbage, and green onions. Add to a large cooking pot.
Add beet juice, chicken broth, rosemary, cumin, and butter. Cook on low heat for 40 minutes.
Add in lemon juice; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon into 2 bowls and garnish with freshly chopped cilantro, if desired.