Bean Sauce Noodles
- 1/2 c black bean sauce (or brown bean sauce)
- 2 T hoisin sauce
- 1/2 c pork stock
- 1 t sugar
- 1 T oil
- 3 chopped green onions (white part only)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 250 g ground pork
- 200 g fresh Shanghai noodles
- 1/6 chopped cucumber
- 1 green onion (green part, sliced lengthwise)
- 1/2 c fresh bean sprouts (blanched)
1. In a small bowl, mix the sauces, stock, and sugar.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and fry the spring onion (white parts) and the garlic for 20 seconds. Then add the turkey and stir until it browns. When the meat is cooked, add the sauce mixture and simmer on a lower heat for 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, cook your noodles in boiling water for 4-5 minutes. Drain and place in bowls.
4. Spoon sauce over noodles, then add a sheaf of cucumber strips, green onion strips, and bean sprouts. Enjoy!
SJ Note 13 Sept 2010: This is tasty, but needed more sauce, so I've quadrupled the sauce. The cucumber was a bit odd, and too much, so I've cut that back, and changed it from matchsticks to chopped. We couldn't find the brown bean sauce originally called for, so made this with black bean sauce instead. We also ran out of noodles, so used spaghetti instead. Tasty, and will be better after these modifications, I'm sure!
SJ Note: Too much black bean sauce; digestive problems. Tweak recipe.