Thai Green Curry
- 1/2 T canola oil
- 200 mL evaporated milk (top up with milk if required)
- 95 g Thai green curry paste (Blue Dragon paste)
- 300 g diced chicken
- 1/2 t fish sauce
- 1/2 t palm sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- Stir-fried veggies:
- 100 g carrots (to taste)
- 56 g sugar snap peas (to taste)
- 70 g bell peppers (to taste)
- 22 g green onions (to taste)
- To finish:
- fresh cilantro (chopped, for garnish, optional)
- 20 g fresh green chilis (diced, for garnish, optional)
- cooked brown rice (for serving)
1. Start cooking rice first, then prep everything else.
2. Heat oil in a deep frying pan and add 1/2 T of evaporated milk.
3. Add green curry paste and mix until the aromas are released (3 mins).
4. Add the diced chicken, stirring to coat the meat with the paste (about 3 mins).
5. Stir in the fish sauce, sugar, and the rest of the milk; simmer until the meat is nearly cooked (about 5 mins). The sauce should not be too thick.
6. When there's about 3 minutes left, add the veggies: carrots, sugar snap peas, bell peppers, then green onions. Stir fry til all is cooked.
7. You can add chopped cilantro and sliced green chilis to finish off the dish. Serve with rice.
SJ Note: Bart brand paste - use much less than 95g! Blue Dragon - use 1/3 of a 285g jar.
- This version (Sat, 04 Jan 2020 21:04)
- Thai Green Curry (Mon, 18 Sep 2017 20:56)