Coffee Cake 2
- 1 c unsalted butter (227g)
- 2 c Sugar (Granulated) (440g)
- 2 eggs (very large, beaten)
- 2 c Flour (Plain) (250g)
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/4 t Salt (Table)
- 1 c sour cream (237mL)
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 3/4 c Sugar (Granulated) (165g)
- 2 c chopped pecans
- 1 T ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C. Grease and flour a 10" bundt pan.
2. Cream together the butter and 2 cups of sugar. Add eggs, mixing well, then add sour cream and vanilla.
3. Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and beat until just combined. Do not overbeat.
5. In a separate bowl, mix topping ingredients.
6. Pour half the batter into the prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle with half the topping mixture. Add the remaining batter, and then top with the rest of the topping.
7. Place on the middle rack of the pre-heated oven and bake for about an hour, or until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
8. Serve warm. It's great at room temperature as well, but warm is just heavenly! Perfect for breakfast, midday snack, or an elegant evening dessert.