Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- 90 g butter (unsalted)
- 200 g cream cheese
- 105 g maple syrup (1/3 cup)
- 720 g Sugar (Icing) (sifted (6 cups))
1. Beat the butter, maple syrup and cream cheese on high speed with an electric mixer for 2 – 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
2. Add 1/3 of the icing sugar and beat again to incorporate. Repeat the process until all the icing sugar has been incorporated and the mixture is thick and creamy.
3. Frost the cake however you like. If you’d like to pipe, simply colour some of your left over frosting and fill a piping bag with an attached writing tip.
SJ Note 21 Aug 2012: This is tasty! Has just the barest hint of maple. It's quite stiff - it broke our workhorse of an electric handheld mixer - so I've struck the step to put it in the fridge for 20 minutes to stiffen up. Obviously only add how much sugar you want for what consistency you want.