Cinnamon Nutella Cake
- 175 g butter (softened)
- 175 g Sugar (Castor)
- 3 eggs (large, beaten)
- 225 g Flour (Self-Raising)
- 1 t baking powder
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 4 T milk
- 4 T Nutella (heaped tablespoons; or other hazelnut chocolate spread)
- 50 g hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/Gas 4/fan oven 160C/350F. Butter and line an 8"/20cm cake pan.
2. Put the butter, sugar, eggs, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and milk into a bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes, until light and fluffy.
3. Pour three-fourths of the batter into the pan, spread it level, then spoon four blobs of Nutella on top. Pile on the remaining batter, swirl with a skewer, then smooth to cover the Nutella. Sprinkle with the nuts.
4. Bake for 60-70 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Cover the cake with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and peel off the paper. Cool before slicing.
SJ Note: Friend of mine made this into cupcakes, they were delicious - and I didn't even like Nutella when I tried it before!