Pork Chops with Tomatoes and Onions
- 2 pork chops
- salt & pepper (as desired)
- 2 t olive oil
- 1/2 c thinly sliced onion
- 1 diced tomato
- 1/4 c chopped basil (fresh)
- 2 cloves sliced garlic
- 1 T balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven.
2. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Bake pork in oven til done.
3. While pork cooks, prepare the rest of the ingredients.
4. Once pork is cooked, heat oil in a skillet and add onion; cook until tender. Add tomatoes, basil, and garlic; cook until tomatoes are tender. Add balsamic vinegar and stir through. Remove from heat.
5. To serve, plate a pork chop, then add vegetable mixture on top of the pork.
SJ Note 5 Aug 2013: We've had this many times; I've finally written it into this system, and rewritten it to be clearer. It is tasty.