Black Eyed Pea Salad
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 t Salt (Sea)
- 1/4 t Sugar - granulated
- 2 c black-eyed peas
- 1 c cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 c sliced green onion
- 1/2 c finely chopped parsley (fresh)
- 1/2 t chopped mint (fresh; optional)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
1. Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl, stirring with whisk until well blended.
2. Microwave black-eyed peas til warm.
3. Add rest of salad ingredients to peas in a large bowl. Drizzle dressing over the top and toss well.
4. Let stand about 15 minutes for the flavors to marry. Serve.
SJ Note 17 Aug 2013: This was tasty! A bit odd, but another good summer salad for warm days.