Kung Pao Chicken 2
- 10 oz chicken breasts (boneless, skinless; cut into 1/2" dice)
- 2 t soy sauce
- 1/2 t Corn Starch / Corn Flour
- 2 t vegetable oil
- 2 t minced garlic
- 1/2 chopped red bell pepper (cut into 1" dice)
- 1/2 chopped yellow bell pepper (cut into 1" dice)
- 2 T chicken stock
- 1 T balsamic vinegar (non-aged, or Chinese black vinegar)
- 1/3 c chopped peanuts (roasted, unsalted)
1. In a bowl, combine chicken with 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and cornstarch. Marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Heat wok or large saute pan over high heat. When hot, swirl in the oil and add the chicken.
3. Spread the chicken out over all the surface of the pan. Sear on both sides until lightly brown, but not cooked all the way through, about 4 minutes.
4. Add garlic and bell peppers. Stir until fragrant. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon of the soy sauce, the stock, and the vinegar. Bring to a simmer and turn heat to medium-low. Cook for 2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
5. Top with chopped peanuts and serve.