Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Chives, and Lemon Basil
- 1.5 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 c small tomatoes
- 2.5 T chopped fresh chives
- 7 fresh lemon basil leaves, finely shredded
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 150 g spaghetti
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add 2 teaspoons of salt.
2. In a large skillet (12 to 14-inch), heat the olive oil over high heat until almost smoking. Add the garlic, tomatoes, chives, and basil and cook over high heat until the tomatoes are just beginning to burst. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in the boiling water according to package directions. Drain the pasta and add it to the pan with the tomatoes. Toss over high heat for 1 minute and serve immediately.